How to make Bespoke Derby Opanka Shoes?
This is a unique course on our platform for several reasons, here is why!
In this shoemaking course, we will make our shoes with only natural materials and we will customize our shoes for the best comfort.
What you will learn in this course:
- Derby shoe pattern construction
- How to customize your shoe last to fit you perfectly
- HandSewn Opanka Sole
- Veg tanned Insole making
- Veg tanned toe puffs & counters making
Opanka sole overlaps the bottom of the shoe and sewn to the upper.
- Use opanka sole for any footwear type.
- Opanka soles are long lasting because of its shape and because it is hand sewn to the upper.
- Opanka sole creates extra flexibility.
- The Opanka stitch secures the sole with upper, and lining without using any glue.
- Has a beautiful handsewn look with the easiest hand stitched construction to learn?
Customize Your Shoe Last
- I will teach you how to measure your feet correctly and how to customize your standard last to fit your feet perfectly.
- We will be working with veg tanned leather.
Veg tanned toe puffs & counters making
Veg tanned toe puffs and counters will keep the shape of your shoes and protect your feet.
- Natural Material , no toxic components.
- Easy to work with.
- I will teach you a unique technique how to make them solid but flexible ( where it needed) for maximum comfort.
- We will be using non-toxic water-based glue!
- You are NOT limited in time to attach the stiffeners ( unlike with other materials).
- I will teach you how to reach thin and invisible edges of your toe puffs and counters. It will guarantee good quality and beauty of your shoes.
- You can create the shape that you want using veg tanned toe puffs and counters.
- The Vegetable tanned leather is easy to the source material (unlike others).
Veg tanned Insole making
- Easy to work with.
- Molded on your shoe lasts, so it will keep the curves of your feet.
- Most comfortable insoles.
- Solid and flexible.
- The vegetable tanned leather is long-lasting material. ( unlike other materials that are sensitive to water)
- With veg tanned insoles you will create additional support for your arc zone and add more comfort to your feet.
- The vegetable tanned leather is easy to the source material (unlike others).